Career Opportunity: Interior Designer
FBC Remodel is a design/build residential re-modeler. We have been specializing in this wonderful niche for almost 22 years and look forward to growing our team! We have been voted as one of the best places to work twice in Minnesota Business Magazine (2015 and 2016), we were voted as one of the 153 Best Company Cultures in America in the March, 2017 issue of Entrepreneur Magazine and we were most recently given an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work of 2018 and 2019!
If you were to join our team, you would be working with our award-winning design and construction team creating spaces that become the most fun part of a home. We have been awarded the prestigious national awards, including the coveted Chrysalis award, and local design and construction honors through NARI and home builders’ associations. Most recently we were awarded the HGTV Faces of Design Award.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping our clients obtain their dream space by following our detailed design process, which starts in the clients home. This role will best suit someone who is looking for the challenge of running their own business, but also enjoys opportunities to interact with a growing team!
- Get to know the homeowner’s needs, design style and personal preferences during the first appointment in their space!
- Complete design measures and as-builts prior to creating your custom designs.
- Develop custom designs to wow our clients using our software, Chief Architect.
- Walk clients through 3D and 2D noted plans.
- Responsible for selling your very own projects as a result of using our process and building relationships with homeowners.
- Assist clients in choosing hard finishes for their beautiful new space.
- Trouble shoot any design issues during build out by proactively working with the estimator and project manager.
- 1 plus years of sales experience preferred
- A degree or certificate in architecture, space planning, and/or interior design
- Experience in CAD, Revit or Chief Architect.
- The desire to learn and execute the FBC design/sales process
- Previous experience in a highly collaborative team environment with fixed deadlines
We offer a full benefits package to include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short term disability, life insurance and identity theft protection
- Flex spending account
- Open paid time off!
- Compensation is determined by level of job-related experience
Send us information about you by filling out the form below. You may also attach a résumé (PDF or Word Document only). We look forward to hearing from you. Do NOT contact the office directly by phone.*