Career Opportunity: Interior Design Specialist
FBC Remodel is a design/build residential re-modeler. We have been specializing in this wonderful niche for almost 22 years and look forward to growing our team! We have been voted as one of the best places to work twice in Minnesota Business Magazine (2015 and 2016), we were voted as one of the 153 Best Company Cultures in America in the March, 2017 issue of Entrepreneur Magazine and we were most recently given an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work of 2018 and 2019!
If you were to join our team, you would be working with our award-winning design and construction team creating spaces that become the most fun part of a home. We have been awarded the prestigious national awards, including the coveted Chrysalis award, and local design and construction honors through NARI and home builders’ associations. Most recently we were awarded the HGTV Faces of Design Award.
This role will best suit someone who loves building relationships with people and enjoys being meticulous in their detail!
- Get to know the homeowner’s needs, design style and personal preferences.
- Note our construction documents for the homeowner and field use.
- Develop custom designs to wow our clients using our software, Chief Architect.
- Practice weekly client meetings and/or communication.
- Work closely with project managers
- Assist clients in choosing and ordering hard finishes for their beautiful new space.
- Trouble shoot any design issues during build out by proactively working with the estimator, project manager and designer.
- 1 plus years of sales experience preferred
- A love for construction and jobsite visits.
- Good eye for detail, color and finishes.
- A basic understanding of construction codes.
- A degree or certificate in architecture, space planning, and/or interior design
- Experience in CAD, Revit or Chief Architect.
- Previous experience in a highly collaborative team environment with fixed deadlines
We offer a full benefits package to include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short term disability, life insurance and identity theft protection
- Flex spending account
- Open paid time off!
- Compensation is determined by level of job-related experience
Send us information about you by filling out the form below. You may also attach a résumé (PDF or Word Document only). We look forward to hearing from you. Do NOT contact the office directly by phone.*