How Much Does a Bathroom Remodel Cost?
Bathroom remodels add joy to the home in a number of ways. From updating finishes to achieve a more modern look to expanding your space into a master suite, there are a lot of options (and with that, price ranges) for your next remodel.
When figuring out how much your bath remodel may cost, first, you’ll need to figure out the scope of work. From there, you’ll gauge what bath renovation service works best for your needs.
To help you get started, we’ll use our own bath services as an example:
How Much Work Does Your Bathroom Need?
Here at FBC, we offer both bathroom remodels and bathroom updates. There are differences in timeline and price with both of these services because the scope of work is generally different. When looking for a remodeling partner, you’ll find multiple services available, all with different specialties — it’s important to first establish what’s most important to you.
Bathroom remodeling is an incredibly flexible service, allowing you to replace major elements, tear down walls, and completely reconfigure your space. Bathroom remodeling is great for:
- Expanding an area into a larger bathroom
- Converting a standard bathroom into a master suite
- Completely gutting and renovating your bath or shower
- A full gut and remodel
- Reconfiguring the space — moving plumbing fixtures, vanities, etc.
Bathroom updates are great for remodelers who are currently happy with the layout but would like to update finishes and the “look” of the bathroom. Bath updates include:
- Replacing cabinets and countertops
- Installing new plumbing and lighting fixtures
- Replacing a tub or shower
- New flooring
From there, jot down your priorities and decide which service is best suited for your project’s needs. Your budget will really depend upon that scope of work.
Cost of Bathroom Renovations
As we mentioned before, the price of bathroom remodeling can vary. With FBC, we don’t offer a “price per square foot” because all of our designs are created from scratch, and are custom-designed to each homeowner. This is why it’s important to meet with a designer about your particular project to get a proper ballpark.
For bathroom remodeling, our general price ranges are:
- Low-end: $25,000
- Mid-range: $50 – $70,000
- High-range: $90,000+
For bathroom updates, our ranges are:
- Low-end: $15,000
- Mid-range: $25,000
- High-range: $35,000
You can learn more about our project ranges here.
Once you have a general idea of what your project might cost, create a “low to high” budget of your own and share your ideal range during your design consultation. Your designer will then provide you their ballpark range and work with you throughout the design process to get a design you’ll love within your budget.
What Affects the Cost of a Bath Remodel?
Now that you have an idea of what the project may cost, it’s time to dig a little deeper into what specific elements drive the cost of your bath remodel.
Here are our top five factors that affect your bathroom price:
- Reconfiguration of layout: A great remodel will often involve space planning, or reconfiguration of how your bathroom lays out, to create the right fit and flow. Your designer will work with you to ensure every square foot is being used, and that will sometimes require space planning. Your cost will be affected by the complexity of that reconfiguration.
- Fixtures, tile, and finishes: Beautiful finishes are what bring that “wow” factor to your new bathroom. Consider the quality and individual pricing of finishes like bath tile, cabinetry, faucets, and sinks when budgeting.
- Vanities: If you plan on using your bathroom for your beauty routine, a vanity offers a lot of features to keep your products organized. You can choose from hamper pull-outs, storage space for linens, sliding towel bars, and more. However, it’s worth noting this will raise the project cost.
- Electrical needs: We all hate bathrooms with unflattering lighting. That’s why it’s important to consider how you want to light your new bathroom. You may have to consider electrical updates to accommodate the type of lighting you want, so be sure to talk to the FBC team about what costs can occur here.
- Code compliance: Residental codes are constantly changing, but FBC has your back! We’re always on top of any changes in code compliance, and we will ensure your bathroom meets all the necessary code requirements. If needed, updates to your home’s mechanical specs may impact the cost of your project.
You’ll also want to consider what kind of bathroom you have. For instance, a hall or half-bath will cost significantly less to remodel than a larger, full bath or a master suite.
What Do You Get With Your Project?
We can’t speak for other partners, but with a design-build firm, you get more than a beautiful bathroom design. A design-build firm brings your basement to life from concept to construction, keeping the entirety of your project under one roof.
At FBC, your guaranteed project cost includes:
- A complimentary virtual or in-home design consultation
- A dedicated designer to custom-design your bath
- An interactive “ideas meeting” to see and adjust your design in real-time through 3D renderings
- No fee or deposit until designs are finalized
- A guaranteed price without hidden costs
- A dedicated project manager to keep your project on schedule
- A singular point of contact during construction who manage the tradesmen in your home for you
- A user-friendly app to stay in the know as to who is in your home and what phase your project is in
- An optional “wrap party” on us to celebrate your finished space
Our tried and true design-build process is structured to take the pressure off of the homeowner and concentrate on the fun, creative parts of remodeling. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and get excited about the joy your new bathroom will bring.
You can learn more about the FBC Remodel process here.
Start Your Bathroom Remodel Today
Now that you know a little bit about how bathroom remodels are priced, are you ready to get started?
We’d love to be your partner for your next bath project! Get in touch with FBC Remodel today to chat with our Design Coordinator about your project. From there, we’ll match you with an expert interior designer for your complimentary design consultation.